THE CROWD: Very young- All ages venue. A motley crew of suburban ravers, skaters, preps, and NY-metro Strokes fans.. and a few die-hards, etc... Many people wearing The Strokes tshirts before the concert started, and usage of the free glow sticks given out by the people from Utopia.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SHOW:
- The Realistics being pretty rockin'. Reminded me a bit of French Kicks meets Beck meets... I don't know, but it was rather good.
- The Moldys doing the Hulkamania dance.
- At one point Nick pulling Julian over and whispering in his ear and then Julian mading like the Beastie Boys and telling people to "Stop the fighting."
- Julian giving a shout out to Five Towns College
- Julian introducing songs as, "One of my favorites." Eerily sounding like a two-bit lounge singer... or Barry Manilow.
- Fabrizio stage diving into the crowd... twice.
THE SET LIST:
- Meet Me In The Bathroom
- When It Started
- Modern Age
- Last Nite
- Alone Together
- Trying Your Luck
- Hard to Explain
- Barely Legal
- New York City Cops
- Is This It
- Take It or Leave It
PHOTOS: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18