THE CROWD: Hipsters, hardcores and other people who just happen to be in NYC near New Year's.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SHOW:
- WTF was up with the $25 dollar T-SHIRTS?!??!
- Julian Casablancas jumping off the stage and running down the aisle straight off the bat.
- The almost instantaneous bum-rush of people jumping out of their seats and running toward the stage.
- Julian and the spiffy leather Converse.
- Julian pointing to some guy in the crowd and saying, "I'll fuck you up!"
- Bob Pollard singing, "My girlfriend she don't understand/ My Converse they don't understand."
- Bob saying, "I used to wear Converse [something alluding to the fact that he doesn't anymore- he wears New Balance] no support."
- Meg White seemingly falling asleep during the second GBV set.
- Ryan Adams mysteriously leaving for quite a long time only to return and leave in the middle of the GBV set, around 11 PM.
- Bob also saying, "Get The Strokes out here. They're good looking boys." Also something about "Those boys look like they're headed down the same path [as GBV]… they can drink." Then when Julian comes out, and falls on the floor, Bob says, "You're so cute I want to fuck you." (Something like that?) Then mock fucking proceeds and Julian spreads his legs.
- Julian taking off the Sgt. Pepper jacket to reveal the gray V-neck and his pear-shaped physique.
PHOTOS: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16