Watch as Kelly Clarkson purchases her own album at a record store. She also gives some love to Ryan Adams. I <3 Kelly!:
Yesssss! There actually is a “Canada’s Next Top Model” and Jay Manuel (who apparently is Canadian) is the host!! You get a bunch of the same photographers, stylists, and guest judges (Nole Marin, Nigel Barker, etc) but for the low low cost of NO TYRA BANKS. The girls are actually ALL pretty, and one of them (Rebecca) actually IS high-fashion. (She’s like a young Karen Elson.)
This one is pretty great… crying w/in 30 seconds of the start of the video:
Dakota Fanning-scary or adorable?
Every season of Top Chef I’ve anointed/debated who the “resident hottie” should be. Season 1 was winner Harold Dieterle (who recently just celebrated his 30th birthday AND opened up his restaurant, Perilla, 9 Jones Street here in NYC). Season 2 was a toss up between winner Ilan D Hall and fan fave Sam Talbot. Now with Top Chef season 3: Miami almost upon us, it’s time to do a good ol’ looksee at this season’s mancandy:
Oh man, they totally make this harder every year, don’t they? After careful consideration, I’ve narrowed down the playing field to the following…Chris Jacobson (standing at 6’8″, he’s definitely the TALLEST chef, like EVER), Brian Malarkey, and Tre Wilcox.
Sadly none of these men are from Long Island NY, so I cannot go straight to my Strong Island hottie default setting. Dale Levitski was immediately disqualified when I viewed his dancing in the opening credits sequence. Hung Hyunh was ruled out due to the fact that he’s superbuds with Top Chef 2 contestant, and resident evil-doer/whiner Marcel, which was revealed in the All-Star challenge.
If push came to shove, I’d have to go for Brian…but honestly I do not have a favorite at this point, it’s anyone’s game. I need more photographic evidence before making a final decision. Thoughts?
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
Two tv/movie related things I discovered this weekend:
1. The movie Sky High. Holy crap. No, it’s not a movie about smoking the pot. It’s a totally cheese-filled and predictable, but an all sorts of awesome tween movie starring Michael Angarano, aka the cute kid who played Jack’s son of Will and Grace. You will love.
2. THE DOG WHISPERER. Possibly the most amazing reality TV I’ve seen on tv in the last year (even better than “I Love New York”). It’s on the National Geographic channel (uh yeah, I know…they have a channel?) and it will BLOW YOUR MIND
If you love dogs/ reality tv/ makeover shows you will LOVE Cesar Millan‘s hour-long program in which he teaches dog owners how to deal with their pets so they don’t act all sorts of crazy. It’s really the “Dumb dog owner fixer” show…he doesn’t really speak to dogs, but this man has a pack of 30 dogs in his dog psychology center that he commands with a snap of his fingers. CESAR MILLAN IS THE MAN.
I watch like 4 episodes in a row before I started sitting on all fours every time Cesar made a “sstkks” sound.
3. The Debbie Does Dallas Again TV show will leave you numb all over. I can only watch so many Daddy Bad Touch babes in one sitting. I understand what porn stars do for a living, but the whole idea of having SEX as your “audition” for a “role” just made me sick to my stomach. The Backseat Blogger loves this show for the “drama”…if you think “drama” means “boobs”.
As Simon said, “I think the little girl’s face says it all.” LOL:
And just when you thought it couldn’t get worse. Singing..er..murdering “Bathwater” by No Doubt:
Vote for the worst 4eva.
Everyone’s favorite America’s Next Top Model alumni, super model blogger Elyse Sewell, recently met up with her boyfriend Marty Crandall of The Shins on their tour stops in Seattle and Vancouver. In a blog entry this week, Elyse answers a reader’s question regarding this photo:
“But what happens if a Shin has to poop in the middle of the night?”
Continue reading ““What Happens If a Shin Has to Poop In the Middle of the Night” and Other Interesting On-goings Inside the Shins Tour Bus”
1. Watching the new VH1 “reality television” show, The Agency–which focuses on the lives of the agents that make up the high-end men’s and women’s board of the Wilhelmina modeling agency.
A good portion of the first episode is comprised of talking about a teenage model named Chloe with loads of “potential”…except for the fact that is is “fat”. And by “fat” they mean “extremely skinny, but not skinny enough to see through you.”
2. An article about the incredible shrinking model in New York magazine. It talks about how all the super-skinny models coming out of Russia are disposable and will literally starve themselves just to escape the extreme poverty they were born into. Basically–their “meal ticket” is starving them to death.
3. The “fashion week food diary” of Anne Slowey, Fashion-News Director and Accessories Editor of Elle magazine. Over the course of 3 days, the net total of actual “food” eaten equals: Milanese eggs, camembert cheese with crackers, three olives, vegetable soup, 2 Organic Food Bars, 2 ounces seviche, guacamole and chips, fennel salad, squash soup, one caviar potato tidbit, and two mini meat tidbits. THIS IS OVER 3 DAYS! I probably eat that amount in ONE DAY. The rest of what she consumes is alcohol, tea, Synergy Kombucha drinks, and water.
Ilan Hall, the 24 year-old from New York City.
Was it just me or did Ilan totally start rubbing you the wrong way toward the end of this season? He was so cocky and obnoxious to everyone around him, saying how much better he was than Marcel and taking low jabs at him. Not that Marcel‘s a saint, but the personal attacks on him were pretty uncalled for.
My grandma can’t understand why nobody liked Marcel. “He seems like a nice guy,” she’d say, “He never yells at anyone. Why does nobody like him?”
Everyone got SO snaky at the end except for fan fave Sam–the only one who didn’t come off like a jerk. Oh well, there’s always next year…
But on Bravo reality TV, did anyone else see the first half of Top Design? WHY DOES TODD OLDHAM SPEAK LIKE A WEIRD GAY ROBOT?