There are only about 2 and 1/2 weeks until. This makes me sad because there are only 2 and 1/2 more weeks for me to totally indulge in Christmas music. It wasn’t until a few years ago that I became totally obsessed with listening to Christmas music. This year I started listening to yuletide tunes well before Thanksgiving.
Here are the top ten Christmas tracks I’ve been spinning this year:
10. “Christmas Duel” by The Hives and Cyndi Lauper
The Most Attractive Man Alive (aka Pele from the Hives) and Cyndi Effing Lauper did a duet this year in which they list all the naughty, nasty things they’ve done over the last year: Example, sleeping with each other’s sister/brother, marrying drunk, hiring hit men, etc. Chalk another one up for the not safe for kids/family Christmas song play list.
9. “Christmas Song” by The Raveonettes
8. “Candy Cane Children” by the White Stripes
7. “12 Days of Christmas” by Taking Back Sunday
6. “2000 Miles” by The Pretenders
5. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by Coldplay from Mince Spies
4. “Last Christmas” by Wham!
3. “All I Want for Christmas” by Mariah Carey
2. “Christmas Song” by Weezer
Yes, the song is a bit pessimistic and sad, but the melody can’t be beat.
1. “Spotlight on Christmas” by Rufus Wainwright
I love this song so much. I think it puts everything in perspective. Great uptempo song…definitely the one ditty I play the most this season.