1. Yesterday went to the ‘Sup magazine party at Lit. Couldn’t tell you the last time I’d been there. Couldn’t tell you the next time I’ll be there. Caught Titus Andronicus‘s rockin’ set (above). Nearly died of heat exhaustion. Wondered if I had a future in being a cocktail waitress at the downstairs bar. Stared at the shiny leggings-clad buttocks of several ladies. Had to leave before Au Revoir Simone‘s set otherwise would have passed out. Didn’t realize it was going to rain so I got SOAKED to the bone on the way home. Some DBs stole the cab I was standing in front off–hope they made it back home to Jersey OK.
2. Today saw wunderkid Hayes Peebles at Rockwood Music Hall. He played some pretty songs, some with a cello. He revealed he only learned to play the harmonica a week ago, just so he could use it in the performance. About half the packed house was under the age of 18, making me want to pass a note to someone after 8th period. A gaggle of giggle girls sat up front and I wondered which one had the biggest crush on Hayes…or if any of them were the sources of inspiration for the songs about girls.
3. GOT SOAKED AGAIN.
4. Saw this awesome ad with mock magazine covers for Dexter Season 3 (above) and got excited. I LOVE DEXTER. It starts up again at the end of the month. Must. Find. Someone. With. Showtime. Or at least find someone to reliably upload it on the internets.
5. Got soaked yet another time.
7. Headed home. Got soaked again again. Watched Law & Order, surfed the ‘net.
8. Going to sleep now.